A worker/contributor may withdraw his/her accrued benefits under the Third Tier under the following conditions:
- A member who has attained the retirement age is entitled to the entire accrued benefits in the scheme in the form of a lump sum.
- A member who has not attained retirement age may withdraw all or part of the member’s accrued benefits from a scheme:
- after ten years from the date of first contribution in the case of the Provident Fund or Personal Pension Scheme for contributors in the formal sector;
- after five years from the date of first contribution in the case of Personal Pension Scheme for contributors in the informal sector;
- following certification by a medical board that the contributor is incapable of any normal gainful employment by virtue of physical or mental disability.
- The beneficiaries of the estate of a deceased contributor may withdraw the accrued benefits of the deceased from the scheme.